From The International WIC Institute WIKI
The 2009 WICI Student Workshop
December 28th, 2009
9:00—11:50 East section of Material Science Building Room 411, Campus of Beijing University of Technology
- 9:00—10:00 Dr. Weidong Kou Smarter Planet
- 10:00—10:10 Break
- 10:10—10:30 Chao Gao Network Immunization with Distributed Autonomy-Oriented Entities
- 10:30—10:50 Yi Zeng Granularity Based Strategies for Unifying Web-scale Search and Reasoning
- 10:50—11:10 Jie Xiang Using SVM to Predict High Level Cognition from fMRI Data
- 11:10—11:30 Mi Li Neural Differences of Text and Figure during Representation and Processing on Human Brain: An fMRI Study
- 11:30—11:50 Ceremony of WICI Awards
Professor Harold Boley's visit and talk at WICI
December 15th, 2009
Rule Responder Agents for Distributed Query Answering
Room 907, the Science Building, BJUT campus. Time: December 15th, 15:00 (GMT+8). Presentation Slides.
Rule Responder supports rule-based collaboration between the distributed members of a virtual organization. Human members of the organization are assisted by proxies specified as "personal agents" with adjustable autonomy. These use declarative rule languages such as Horn logic or F-logic to formalize their owner's decision logic. The organization as a whole is assisted by an "organizational agent", which acts as a contact point for "external agents". The organizational agent uses a reactive rule language to increasingly formalize the organization's behavioral logic. In our initial application, this consists in delegating external queries to appropriate personal agents and using their answers for the organization's overall responses. Rule Responder allows agents to employ different syntaxes for their rule engines, as long as they interchange all rules, queries, and answers via semantics-preserving transformations through RuleML as the canonical language. Rule Responder is implemented as an SOA connecting the Prova, OO jDREW, and Euler engines via the Mule Enterprise Service Bus. The talk discusses Rule Responder as used in our deployed distributed query answerer for the RuleML-2009 Symposium, whose program, panel, publicity, ... (co-)chairs are assisted by personal agents: http://ruleml.org/RuleML-2009/RuleResponder.