From The International WIC Institute WIKI
Welcome to the International WIC Institute wiki!
The International WIC Institute is a research organization of Web Intelligence Consortium(WIC). WIC is an international and non-profit organization. The Institute is affiliated with Beijing University of Technology (BJUT).
The main research topics at International WIC Institute is the fundamentals and their implementations on "Web Intelligence(WI) meets Brain Informatics(BI)", which is a big challenge for scientists in the 21st century. We propose that WI provides new, powerful technology support to BI, while BI focuses on principles, models and mechanism of Human Intelligence, all of which will lead to new methodologies, ideas for the development of WI Technology.
The International WIC Institute is an international, open educational research center. We provides Master, Ph.D education on Artifitial Intelligence, and Postdoctoral Fellow position in Beijing University of Technology.
- Sept 18th, 2010 : Joshua Shinavier from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) join WICI as a visiting Ph.D student.
- Sept 5th, 2010 : New master and Ph.D students join WICI.
- Dec 28th, 2009 : The 2009 WICI Student Workshop
- Dec 15th, 2009 : Professor Harold Boley's visit and presentation
- Web Knowledge Engineering (Web-KE) Group
- Complex Network Group
- Problem Solving and Information Organization Group
- Human-Computer Interaction and Decision Making Group
- Reasoning and Learning Grounp
- Data Analysis and Management Group
- Special Issues on "Brain Informatics" at Cognitive Systems Research journal, Vol. 11, issue 1, March 2010.
- Zhong, N. , Guo, R. and Li, W.B. Local Search in Weighted and Directed Social Networks: A Case Study in Enron Email Networks. Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, 12-19, 2009.
- Zeng,Y., Yao, Y.Y. and Zhong, N. DBLP-SSE: A DBLP Search Support Engine, Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, 626-630.
- Liu, J.M Gao, C and Zhong, N. An Autonomy-Oriented Paradigm for Self-Organized Computing. Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology, 100-103, 2009.
- Yang, J., Zhong, N., Yao, Y.Y. and Wang, J. Peculiarity Analysis for Classifications, Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining 2009.
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.